Wednesday, April 8, 2009

BIRTHDAY BLUES

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!

Somebody needs to do something about this ancient old jingle. It's time to make a change. Well, it's been a long time since I've sang the song anyways. And it's been a long time since I've told or wish anyone a happy one. As a matter of fact, birthdays come and go, and they're just like any other day. I lost the value of what a birthday has, and the meaning of it. LIFE... it's a beautiful thing. Everyday we take it for granted that we're gonna wake up each morning to face the day. When in fact, you don't know what to expect. I had a very intimate conversation with one of my co-workers regarding her close encounter with DEATH. I never felt or reacted the way I did when she was telling me of her situation. It really hit close to home. My parents are coming of age, but I see them stronger than most. My peers suggest I quick smoking and drinking because its gonna KILL ME. When the TRUTH of the matter is that I hear that the ones dying around me have never dranked or smoked or lived a HARD LIFE. I may be getting OLDER on the OUTSIDE, but I feel younger and much WISER than ever before. So, I suggest to anyone reading this...enjoy LIFE...it's too short to worry about this and that.
EAT, DRINK AND BE HAPPY!!
And before you die, I also highly recommend that you take a NICE ROAD TRIP ON A HARLEY.

1 comment: