Friday, April 3, 2009

FOOL ME ONCE

April Fool's day came and left. And I didn't get a chance to FOOL anybody. I was so busy trying to be serious. As a matter of fact, my birthday came and sped by so quickly, I still think I'm one year younger than last year. My daughter wrote in her blog about my coming of age, and she is right. I still feel 31. You would think that at twenty-one, a man would be in his prime, but not so for me. I was still wet around the ears at that age. 31 was the age for me. I felt strong, sexy, handsome, charming and all that what a man desires to be. Unfortunately for me, that is when my world around me was caving in. Even though, I thought that I was doing everything right and trying to do what I thought others would be content with, I wasn't FOOLING anybody. Well, actually I was.... FOOLING everybody. I had them FOOLED that I had it all in the bag. Everything was a-okay. It was just a matter of time when the mask of deception and dishonesty would be destroyed, and reveal the disgrace of my FOOLISHNESS. All I ever wanted to do was to please and keep people happy. I get great joy seeing others smile and laugh on the account of me. I've always been the life of the party. The center of attention, the court jester, the king's FOOL. I enjoyed it! Now, I'm content with having others smile and greet me because I exist. I'm through trying to please. Now, I concentrate on trying to please me. I was, for too long of a time, every body's FOOL.